The Consulate will legalize documents that are certified by either of the following:
- U.S. State Department in Washington, DC.:
Telephone: 1-202-647-5002 or 1-800-688-9889.
- U.S. Arab Chamber of Commerce:
Located in the following cities: Houston, New York, Los Angeles, Washington, and D.C.
- Copy of document for Consulate files.
- Self-stamped self-addressed envelope for return.
- Fees should be paid by, money order or cash only.
Authentication of Documents for Kuwaiti Citizen:
- Diplomas: Please call the Cultural Office at 1-310-789-1160.
- Medical Report: Please call the Health Office at 1-202-686-4304.
- General Power Of Attorney: Needs the presence of the Kuwaiti citizen at the Consulate.
- Special Power Of Attorney: Can be mailed and must be notarized by the notary public then sent to the Consulate with the following:
- Copy of valid passport.
- Copy of civil ID for the recipient of the POA in Kuwait.
- $25.00 paid cash or money order only.
- Original or notarized copy from the department of Health.
- Copy of parents passports.
- Copy of marriage certificate.
- Fees of $25.00 paid cash or money order only.
- Original marriage certificate and original Islamic certificate issued by an Islamic Center.
- Copy of husbands valid passport.
- Copy of wifes valid passport.
- Fees $25.00 paid by cash or money order only.
- Approval from Kuwait needs to be obtained.
Certificate Authentication of Documents for non Kuwaitis:
- US Birth Certificates: Issued by Health Department of the State and must be certified by the US State Department in Washington, D.C.
- School Certificate and Medical Reports: Must be notarized by a notary public.
- General Power of Attorney, Special Power of Attorney, Diplomas and Marriage Certificate: Must be certified by the US State Department in Washington, D.C.
- Copy of valid passport.
- Copy of Kuwait residency and Kuwait civil card if available.
- Fees of $25.00, paid by cash or money order only.
Requirements for importing pets to Kuwait:
- Obtain an Import Certificate from the Animal Health Department in Kuwait – Telephone (965) 2473-0867 / Fax (965) 2472-2417
- Valid health certificate from Vet.
- Written request includes pets information and sponsor information in Kuwait.
Documents that do not meet the requirements will have to be returned.
Fees and payments:
$25.00 per Document:
- Patent Application.
- Authorization of Agent.
- Articles of Incorporation.
- General Power of Attorney.
- Police clearance of ‘No Criminal Records’ obtained from the FBI and certified by the US Department of State in Washington D.C. and legalized by the Consulate. (Made payable to the Consulate of Kuwait in Los Angeles in the form of a Cashiers Check or Money Order).
$50.00 per Document:
- Commercial Invoice.
$75.00 per Document:
- Certificate of Origin.
- Packing List.
$150.00 per Document:
- Visa fees for visitor visa (single entry).
$175.00 per Document:
- Visa fees for visitor visa (multiple entry).
- Visa fees for work visa.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL SERVICES LISTED ABOVE REQUIRE FOUR-TO-FIVE BUSINESS DAYS TO PROCESS.
All payments should be paid to the official name: The General Consulate of the State of Kuwait.
NOTICE ON SENDING DOCUMENTS TO CONSULATE BY MAIL: Include a prepaid return label and envelope (from FedEx, UPS, or U.S. Postal Service ONLY) with the return address label filled out completely. A proper prepaid return envelope must include a “PRE-PAID” label. Any package without a proper prepaid return envelope and label will be put on hold until a proper return envelope is received. It is the applicant’s responsibility to determine the EXACT recturn shipping costs. All labels must have a tracking number, and applicants are advised to keep both incoming and outgoing tracking numbers for their records.